-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Gianni Ferrari
Sent: August 21, 2006 11:16 AM
To: Frank King
Cc: LISTA INGLESE
Subject: Re: Dials

Hello Frank,

you write "Unfortunately, there seem to be only two people in the world who
are interested in Italian-hours clocks! "

I think that the reason for the small dimension of this group is caused to
the fact that, in my opinion, the Italian-hours clocks   have never existed
:-)

In a long discussion on the Italian List (December 2002) on the mechanical
Italian-hours clocks, I, completely ignorant,  asked a question that   now I
repeat:

<What are the differences from  a mechanical  "Italian-hours clock"  and a
" Not-Italian-hours clock"  ? >

Always  in my opinion  a clock with  4 ,6, 12, 24 hours   is only a
mechanism to mark the time, dividing  it in equal parts, without other
possible specifications.

A clock can   always be used for marking a whatever kind of equal hours, as
it is also shown by the fact that all the Italian  tower clocks were
transformed from  Italic  to French hours after the Napoleonic empire.

Another question: the watchmakers built mechanically different clocks if
they had to send them in Italy, and if they had to send them in Germany or
in France  ?

Best

Gianni