Hand shadows on a wall of barking dogs, flying birds.
Chinese shadow puppet shows.
Proof of fake UFO photos.
Proof of fake Big foot photos.
Proof of photos that have been photo shopped when the shadows aren't correct.
Astronomers use shadows for lots of things?
Shadows keep me cool when I am protected by one on a hot day.

I think there are probably lots of good uses of shadows.

brent