Phillip Jones wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 02/01/2010 06:10 PM, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:12:13 +0100, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Its JavaScript not Java. Java is pretty secure now.

Actually, Java isn't more secure than JavaScript, it's just that Java
isn't used that much any more -

Really? Perhaps you should tell Google that because they seem to be
using Java extensively. Example: Android. Even googlemail is written in
Java.

I meant "Java as a plugin". And then, even Java in total is decreasing.
Maybe people just don't want to do business with Oracle, the creator and
home of Java (yes, it is now) or it's just that the language is useless
enough - make your own judgments.

Robert Kaiser

I think that perhaps you need to go back on vacation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)

Perhaps you mean Sun Microsystems; soon to be Oracle. So I reckon that
we'll just shut down OpenOffice.org and other FOSS programs that depend
upon Java for the wizards et al? How about
javascorehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)
and multiple other Java based programs that I use on a regular basis?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java

Isn't Joomla(?) a version of Java?

No, Joomla is a open source CMS (http://www.joomla.org/)

Mark