Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 2/13/2010 2:51 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
The CN on the certificate (which happens to be
ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net)
needs to match the name of the host you're accessing (which happens
to be
ipostoffice.att.net) or you'll get this warning.

If AT&T told you to use "ipostoffice.att.net", then they're
certificate is
configured with with the wrong name.

However, notice that both host names point to the same host (ping both
names, and you'll see they evaluate to the same IP address) - so you
can just change the host name you're using to the one expected by the
certificate (ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net) and the warning will go
away.

If AT&T told you to use the other name, however, then I would expect
this to work only until they correct the certificate with the proper
value.
Fair enough, that makes sense.

I'll do it wrong until they update and force me to do it right.

I wouldn't "do it wrong". I would do it the way they require you to
do it to get the result you want :)

Well, I have to choose between what they told me to do and what works.
I'm choosing what works.

Worldnet disappears completely on March 15 so it will probably be fixed between now and then, or not.