--On 02 October 2013 14:15 +0200 Sebastian Gabler
<sebastiangab...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Unless there are practical aspects, like the custom GUID would crash
> most of the amb-agnostic players, which I doubt.

Sound Forge 10 (I haven't tried 11 yet) will refuse to open a .amb file
even if named .wav, because it doesn't recognise the GUID.  Audition
CS6 will open a .amb file (though the extension is not in the dropdown
list, you have to use *.*), and will tell you that it is an ambisonic
file but will not be treated as such - it writes back with a "standard"
GUID.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges