Hello Jörn,

brilliant, thanks so much for your answer.
As far as I understand the Tetramic has TA3 and TA6 connectors (AKA mimi XLR) which I use on a daily basis with my SD552 and 788T with no problem.
What is the problem you encoutered with them?
Also they claim to sound as good as a DPA mic, which are not famous for being quiet. :-) In that case for my ambiences and nature recordings unfortunately it will give me so issues to work with.

it will make very precise ambience, but it is slightly noisy, so very quiet nature recordings will be less clear that with, say, a pair of tlm103's (the quietest microphone in the market today).
Uh, I thought it was the Rode NT1, strangely quite diffused between nature recordists.

the st450 does not sound as good, but it is quieter and the package is professional. it includes a heater to keep the capsules dry under moist conditions, but fortunately i have not had to rely on that yet :-D

Thanks

Ema