Hello Jim,

I've recently received the one ambiMIK-1
<https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/ambimik-1> I
ordered. I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet, but
installation on macOS is fairly simple and straightforward.

My first view is that it is perhaps most useful in a measurement
context, which is the manufacturer's intention. As the device is USB
powered, long cable runs for making live "in situ" recordings are probably
not advised.

Things I do know:

   - easy to install
   - easy plug-n-play
   - very accessible price point

Things I don't know yet:

   - noise floor
   - spatial performance

Given I have access to a variety of higher price point options, I expect
I'll likely think of it as a quick "point and shoot" option....

My best,

*Dr Joseph Anderson | Research Scientist*

DXARTS, Box 353414

University of Washington

Seattle, WA 98195-3680

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu

to receive email updates about lectures, performances, exhibitions and more.