Warren - your point is taken, however I think that if you were to really
spend time poring over the scientific data that has led, over many years
now, to the currently prevalent belief that climate change is occurring and
that humans are resposible for it, you may come to that same conclusion.

 The climate models and data and conclusions that have come to pass are the
result of a lot of challenges to the central hypothesis.

No one is sure, but it seems that there is a very good chance that this is
something that is happening and that we ought to act upon, because the
outcome may indeed be quite disastrous if we do not. The alternative is to
ignore those warning signs that do exist, and proceed with what is really a
huge, uncontrolled experiment that we are conducting upon our atmosphere and
all the services that it provides us with.

 What is being said is that we can err on the side of caution... and still
prosper, perhaps do even better - if we can past the pain of thinking and
the inertia of our current approaches.

Ed B.