Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009 à 14:02 +0200, Priit Laes a écrit :
> Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2009-12-09 kell 12:57, kirjutas Vinzent Steinberg:
> > On Dec 9, 8:20 am, Priit Laes <plaes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hey!
> > >
> > > What would be a good exception to use instead of ArgumentIndexError ?
> >
> > Depends on the context.
>
> I went with the ValueError() exception for now.
> Good news is that fixing this issue uncovered more bitrot in the core:
>
> WIP branch is at http://github.com/plaes/sympy/tree/argumentindexerror
>
> Päikest,
> Priit :)

I also did some work on this, see
http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=1754#c2

I think it's better to keep ArgumentIndexError and define it properly
than to remove it.

Concerning DiracDelta(1).fdiff(1), note that DiracDelta(1) is just S(0),
so this raises the question of the purpose of having Basic.fdiff defined
at all.

Ronan