On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 1:42 PM AHMED TAREK <7mada...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am Ahmed Tarek a 1st year computer engineering and software systems student
> , I am interested in Optimize floating point expressions Project but I have
> some questions regarding it:
>
> Who are the potential mentors ? so I can get in touch with them

It's best to discuss things here on the list.

> Will I have a list with the expressions that I should work on or I will
> search for them

The idea of the project is to work with generic expressions, not a
specific list.

> Is Hebie module enough for the project like in case we prefer speed over
> accuracy if not then What prior knowledge should I have to complete the
> project

Hebie is useful as prior art for this project. If you can find other
prior art or literature on this it would be useful.

> any advices to take in consideration

For this project you should have good background knowledge of
numerical analysis to understand what sorts of things are more
numerically stable.

> Where to start writing initial proposal ?

Make sure you are aware of the patch requirement for GSoC.

Aaron Meurer