David,

Let me phrase my question rather bluntly: does it pay to provide a very
minimal set of config settings given the fact that almost every vendor
has very different ways to do this. Also, in my experience customers
tend to use those vendor-specifc ways, simply because they need it. To
be honest, I think we will be hesitant to implement standard
configuration simply because I do not see any customer demand for such.
I think we can put our ressources to efforts that receive a higher
demand.

It may just be my personal feeling ... what do the other implementors
think?

Rainer