Hi,

Just a side-note: I don't mind having the discussion about this on the
list but the concept is outside the current scope of our work.  After
we get the current pieces of work submitted to the RFC editor, then we
can discuss if we want to formally address this (with the blessings of
the O&M ADs).

The concept does apply to Glenn's ID but I believe that he is asking if
the community feels that _any_ SNMP notification should be sent if
something goes wrong with sending a syslog message.  Defining a syslog to
SNMP gateway is out of scope for his work at this time as well.

Thanks,
Chris