Greetings, all

Check out:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04167/331826.stm

Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes:

Roger Kingdom's bid to return to Olympic hurdling at age 41 will be put to its first
significant test tomorrow night.

He will participate in an open meet at Slippery Rock University that begins at 6 p.m.,
needing a time of 13.55 seconds or faster in his 110-meter event to qualify for the
U.S. Olympic trials next month in Sacramento, Calif. The meet should meet
Olympic-qualifying criteria, a school official said yesterday.

Kingdom said yesterday that he is not approaching the event so much from a qualifying
standpoint as from testing the injured hamstring that set back his training six weeks
ago.

"My goal for the first race is to be in the range of 13.7 to 13.9," he said. "Before
the hamstring, I was feeling great. Now I just need to see where I am. If that's below
14.0, that's fine. If it's enough to qualify, that's even better."

If necessary, Kingdom said, he will run another meet June 23 at Slippery Rock.

Ken Stone
http://www.masterstrack.com