http://www.generationjava.com/java/string/taglib-history.html

is a now out of date attempt of mine to timeline out the events on this
mail list. there are emails there that you can send to.

The two major projects seem to be:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/handytags/
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~bwaters/pub/taglib/calendar-taglib.html

The Sourceforge project was a merging of three submissions. I've no idea
which is more mature or better.

Bay