I really didn't want to use scriptlets (per the documentation), but i was
running into situations where the JSTL actions were not (yet) supporting
some things that scriptlets could do.. OR SO I THOUGHT! 8((((

I've since then found a way around it using JSTL actions alone - so i'm a
little happier now.

I haven't found any detailed documentation on how i put different
programming expressions or what kind of statements i can and cannot place in
things like value="" or test="".. but throught trial and error and also this
wonderful mailing list, i'm learning about what's legal and what's illegal.

Thanks.
PS: Shawn - you rule! 8)