Thanks for your superfast reponse!!

I'll be happy to forward you my JSP etc. (I'm not fast as
you, so give me a few more minutes!!)

In the meantime, one point to ponder:

On Friday 21 June 2002 03:09 pm, you wrote:
>  > I finally traced this problem to undefined request
>  > parameter fields, specifically radio buttons and check
>  > boxes (i.e. whenever a check box was left unchecked or
>  > when the user didn't select any of a set of radio
>  > buttons).
>
> Actually, this looks like a bug in our implementation of
> <sql:param>; a null 'value' should cause the
> corresponding column to be set to SQL NULL.

In my case, the response parameter is not defined at all.
(Apparently this is an attribute of checkboxes in HTML
forms.) Should an undefined attribute produce the same
results as a defined attribute with a null value?

TOA

--John Hicks