On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Ben Ramsey wrote:

> Should I switch to JSTL's XML-related tags, then?  Will XTags
> eventually phase-out like the XSL tag?

I can't speak definitively about the future of XTags, but JSTL will
certainly be more widely supported.  You get the benefit of using a JCP
standard when you use JSTL, just as when you use JSP or Servlets.

> In addition, I'm currently running Tomcat 3.2.3.  Is is a JSP 1.2
> container? I've tried to upgrade to version 4.0.4, but I don't have
> Glibc 2.2 for mod_webapp to work.  (I'm running a Cobalt RaQ4r with
> Apache 1.3.20 and Glibc 2.1.3)

Tomcat 3.2.3 is a JSP 1.1. container.  Tomcat 4.x supports JSP 1.2.  It
also works with mod_jk, so I don't think difficulties with mod_webapp need
slow you down.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)