On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Alex Reznik wrote:

> i get all my info strictly from the tld's in my web-inf/tld. is there
> another online document that has descriptions of all these tags in
> more detail?

Yes, JSTL is a standard and has a formal specification.  The JSTL 1.0
specification is available from

  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl

Several books, including my own, also talk about JSTL tags and the EL in
detail.  The spec is written very clearly and is intended to be accessible
to page authors, but its primary role is as the formal document describing
how implementations of JSTL need to work.  Thus, you might find the books
useful.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)