I spoke too soon. It turns out I didn't really test with JDK 1.4.
When I do, it works fine. I also found a thread about this exact
problem in the archives (I *had* looked, searching for "XMLReaderImpl",
but apparently the search function only looks at the Subject), where
Shawn suggest that it's a JDK 1.3 problem. Was 1.0.1 supposed to solve
the problem, or do we have to use the solution presented in README
for older Tomcat versions also for JDK 1.3?

Hans

--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com