Thank you very much for fast response,

It is not perfect but at least now I understand  the situation.
I hope in future (1-2 years later :-) servlet container specifications
will be much better refined or JSTL will find some way around problem.

We use MVC approach and JSTL is used only for data displaying,
so we will use something like
        <fmt:formatDate value="${ now }" />
(ms are not important).

Thank you,