> Hi,
>
> I have a map/hashtable like:
> {
>   blue => sky
>   green => frog
>   red => ball
>   yellow => sun
> }
>
> I understand that using the <c:forEach> tag I
> can iterate through the collection and access
> every element with key and value.
>
> But how can I directly access the value of an
> entry if I know the key?
>
> I tried something like MyMap.green, but this
> seems not to be the way to do this, isnt?

Yes, suppose that this map is stored in the scoped variable 'MyMap'.  The
expression

  ${MyMap.blue}

will yield 'sky'.  If you want to iterate, consider the following example:

 <c:forEach items="${MyMap}" var="entry">
  key:   <c:out value="${entry.key}" />
  value: <c:out value="${entry.value}" />
 </c:forEach>

Hope that helps,