    David> Alternatively, I'd also like to consider the possibility of the form bean
being
    David> REALLY implicit, not referencing it explicitly in the expression at all,
but I
    David> don't understand how I could manage that.

I think I now understand how to do part of this, which is to define a
"resolveVariable()" method in a "VariableResolver" subclass which just uses
"BeanUtils.getProperty(beanName, pName)" (where "pName" is the variable to be
resolved).  I wonder, however, if I would be looking up the beanName explicitly
here, or whether I would have that being sent in as the "pContext"?

Outside of this, I still don't see how I can fit a derived VariableResolver
into a framework that would allow me to evaluate EL expressions with it.