I actually thought about this, but theres a few things I wasn't sure about
(I'm still new to coding custom tags).

1) If I wanted to use EL, I would have to require the use of the taglibs
standard library with the google tag - and I wasnšt sure if I wanted to
increase the requirements to run this library.

2) I would have liked to eliminate the need for the resultelement tag, and
instead call the values directly, but the problem is that the
GoogleSearchResultElement isn't a JavaBean, as far as I can tell, so that
means I wouldnšt be able to use EL to call the values directly?  Or am I
mistaken.

I could write a wrapper for the GoogleSearchResultElement that would put a
layer of Bean functionality on top, to allow for introspection... Thoughts?

I realize that its somewhat complex, and thatšs why I was soliciting
feedback on it from this list.

-tim

--
Tim Kettering