I would recommend going with JSTL dependence. You'd be leading edge, but
it would be good learning and would save a port in 6 months.

Wrapping the ResultElement with a bean seems a good idea to me. In a long
term world, you'd find yourself improving the google taglib to handle
other search-engines as they release their APIs.

Have grabbed the taglib and will look at over next day or two.

I think the interest shown already is good evidence that a taglib would be
viable. The biggest issue is probably the licencing.

Hen