From: Shawn Bayern [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: quarta-feira, 21 de Agosto de 2002 14:06
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: RE: How to get a <xtags:valueOf.../> value

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Carlos Barroso wrote:

> Thanks very much for the help. Where can i get JSTL to work with xtags?

You can download our JSTL implementation from

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/releases/standard/

Then, once you follow the instructions in the package to install JSTL into
your web application, simply include

 <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>

at the top of your page in addition to the XTags <%@ taglib %>
declaration.  Once you do that, you'll be able to use the syntax I
suggested.

Note that JSTL provides an XML-manipulation tag library; you might
consider using that instead of XTags.  (Note that JSTL requires a JSP 1.2
container, while XTags continues to run successfully on the old JSP 1.1.)
One advantage of switching to JSTL is that you can be sure the tags are
supported on every container, and individual containers can recognize the
tags and optimize their implementations.

--
Shawn Bayern