From: "Ari Suutari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 6:32 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: Tomcat 4.1.10 and tag pooling problem

Hi,

There is some kind of problem using i18n tags and
new tomcat 4.1.10 tag pooling. Does anyone know
what should be done to i18n to make it work ?

Ari S.

Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.1.10 and tag pooling problem
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:35:28 +0200
From: Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ari Suutari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been testing tomcat 4.1.10 with our web application,
> which uses i18n tag from jakarta-taglibs. When running
> it under 4.1.10 with jsp default settings in web.xml it
> produces very odd results - it seems that each i18n tag
> return same string to page (the string might be the
> one the first tag returns, I'm not sure). When
> I add
>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>enablePooling</param-name>
>             <param-value>false</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>
> to web.xml, the application works perfectly and the result
> is similar as in tomcat 4.0.x.

The tag is likely not compliant with the specification, which defines
how a tag instance may be reused (and TC 4.1 takes advantage of that to
lower the amount of object creation).

Remy

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: