Inline.

In your browser, while viewing your page output, select the menu item to
view the HTML source.  In the HTML, determine whether the number of "tr"
entries matches the number of items which should be in the list.  If this
matches, then you should expect to see empty "td" entries in your "tr".  If
that's the case, there's something wrong with the "header"/"MessageHeader"
items.  If the table is empty, however, then there's something wrong with
the list itself.

I'm only suggesting doing this to narrow down which part is going wrong, the
list, or the items.

> >It could be handy to step through this in your debugger and
> inspect the
> >session data for these objects.
>
> I don't have any JSP debugger. The IDE I use is Eclipse. I
> don't know any JSP debugger plug-in available.

Ok, then set breakpoints in your bean getter/setter methods.  When you hit
the breakpoints, make sure it's returning (and setting) the data you expect.
If you don't hit the breakpoints, then that means something else.