FYI, we're having the same issue. I wonder if it's somehow related to the tag pooling email I sent earlier.

Patrick Swarts wrote:

Hello,
After upgrading from Tomcat 4.0. to 4.1.12, I encountered weird errors with certain mailer tags (mt:). Specifically, the mt:setrecipient tag seems to "hold on to" a value previously set in a seperate session <!>
In my case, I have a form, which when submitted would also use the mt: tag to send an email to that user, passing them back information they just submitted in their form.
Here is the example:
<mt:mail server="localhost" from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" subject="Welcome">
<mt:setrecipient type="to"><%= (request.getParameter("emailAddr")) %></mt:setrecipient>
<mt:message type="text">
Welcome!
Here is a reminder of your username and password to access the forums:

Username: <%= (request.getParameter("userName")) %>

Password: <%= (request.getParameter("password")) %>

</mt:message>
<mt:send/>
</mt:mail>

Once this jsp is called, the "setrecipient" value will stay what it was the first time the jsp is processed. A seperate user, with a new session, calling the same jsp, will somehow have the orriginal "Setrecipient" value, and would send the email to the wrong address! (thankfully this is being worked out on our dev server). What is interesting is that if I set the recipient to my own account, and include the email paramter in the body of the message, it rights it there properly!

so this works:

<mt:mail server="localhost" from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" subject="Welcome">
<mt:setrecipient type="to">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</mt:setrecipient>
<mt:message type="text">
Welcome!

This email was intended for <%= (request.getParameter("emailAddr")) %>

Here is a reminder of your username and password to access the forums:
Username: <%= (request.getParameter("userName")) %>

Password: <%= (request.getParameter("password")) %>
</mt:message>
<mt:send/>
</mt:mail>

So, why can I not seem to populate the "to" for this email dynamicly? Why does it hold onto that value from the first request of this jsp and not process it properly?

Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Swarts