From: Nic Werner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 1:27 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Handling null dates

Greetings,
   I have a form that has a lot of date fields, they represent dates someone
attempted to take a test.

There are multiple sets of these for each attempt they have taken, but I run
into trouble if there is only one test attempt, meaning there are blank
dates for the other attempts.

Is there any way I can have the form send over the blank values and JSTL
will just update the database with these blank values? I've tried to detect
if the date is empty and just set the variable to be updated to be blank
with <c:set value="" var="datetaken"/>
but I get invalid column type.

Thanks,

Nic Werner