From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 2:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Data source usage

Hi,

I have defined a data source in my server xml file:

          <Resource name="jdbc/test"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/test">
            <parameter>
              <name>factory</name>
            </parameter>

            <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
                 configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
                 all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
            -->

            <parameter>
              <name>maxActive</name>
              <value>100</value>
            </parameter>

            <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
                 Set to 0 for no limit.
            -->
            <parameter>
              <name>maxIdle</name>
              <value>30</value>
            </parameter>

            <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
                 in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
                 this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
            -->
            <parameter>
              <name>maxWait</name>
              <value>10000</value>
            </parameter>

            <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
            <parameter>
              <name>username</name>
              <value>test</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>password</name>
              <value>test</value>
            </parameter>

            <!-- Class name for mm.mysql JDBC driver -->
            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
              <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
            </parameter>

            <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
                 The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that the
                 mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if mysqld closed the
                 connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections after 8 hours.
            -->
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TEST?autoReconnect=true</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>

then I have defined a reference in web.xml file of my application:

  <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/test</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

I would like to use it with jstl tag libray <sql>,
Could anyboty tell my what should I write
into the datasource value:
<sql:transaction dataSource="${???}">
to make it working?

or shall I define it somehow?