Hello Karr,

> You said that the bean "labels" is a java.util.List.
> However, you also
> said "table being the String ...".  The error message,

Well, I should have been more precise:
the table String is actually "${labels}", or at least I believe it is: it is the
String set by setTable(String) corresponding to the parameter "table" of the
"selectitem" tag:
<mytags:selectitem table="${labels}" index="${iteratecount}" item="item">

So I thought that ${labels} should expand through ExpressionUtil.evalNotNull into the
List behind the bean "labels". Am I wrong?

> Also note that your "c:forEach" is putting the iterated item into
> "iterateCount", but I think you meant that to be the loop
> counter, which

yes indeed I was talking about the counter, not the item. Since foreach has only begin
and end parameter, it seems it stores an Integer in var. Well at least this part works
in my tests.
My  real problem is about the expand of ${labels} that leads to the error I stated
previously.

PS: any idea about my log problem? maybe I should ask that in another mail...

Lionel