> ResourceBundle myResources =
 >        ResourceBundle.getBundle("foo", locale);

Thanks, I didn't actually know that which is a bit embarrasing, but ...

I want to get the resource used by the <fmt:message> tag lib. The one
specified in web.xml as

<context-param>
<param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
<param-value>resources.application</param-value>
</context-param>

At the moment it looks like I have to jump through a few hoops to do this.

String rb =
session.getServletContext().getInitParameter("javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext");
Locale locale = (Locale)session.getAttribute(Config.FMT_LOCALE);
ResourseBundle.getBundle(rb, locale).getString(key);

Is this right?, or is some of the logic of the <fmt:message> tag
accessible outside of a jsp context?

Cheers,
Keith