Van: Roy Benjamin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: donderdag 1 april 2004 3:51
Aan: Tag Libraries Users List
Onderwerp: fmt:formatDate -> changes Japanese to ???

Perviously I wrote about using date fmt.

I started using this construct to format results
comming back from Oracle.

<fmt:parseDate var="date" value="${rows.STARTDATE}"
    pattern="yyyyy-MM-dd kk:mm:ss.SSS"/>
<fmt:formatDate value="${date}" pattern="MMM d, yyyy"/>

I have Japanese in parts of this page.  It displays
fine if I do not use JSTL <fmt:formatDate  .../>

Otherwise it prints only as ????.

Looking at the page source, it looks like the
<c:out value="rows.COMPANY"/>  is outputing ????.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Roy