 From: Greg Troxel <g...@ir.bbn.com>
To: til <til...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Tahoe-LAFS development <tahoe-dev@tahoe-lafs.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [tahoe-dev] git-annex & tahoe

til <til...@yahoo.com> writes:

> hey people,
>
> after my unsuccesful or mostly unsuccesful excursions of the sort of
>
> - connect owncloud to tahoe via sftp
> - connect owncloud to tahoe via ftp
> - connect my mac to tahoe using macfuse & sshfs (too slow!)
> - compile csync on my mac to use it with tahoe via sftp

[digression:
Do you really mean macfuse?  That's no longer being maintained:
  https://code.google.com/p/macfuse/
I have seen
  http://osxfuse.github.io/
  http://fuse4x.github.io/ (competing fork, now merged into osxfuse, yay)
and maybe this is the same thing too:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-for-macosx/
]

Can you explain what you mean by "slow"?  Are operations with
sshfs/sftp/tahoe slower than using the tahoe CLI?
(I have found tahoe  to be slow enough that I'd only want to use it for
backups.)