On 14/07/13 21:37, Basil M Kuriakose wrote:
> Please can u guide me how u installed successfully on mac osx?
>
> On Monday, July 15, 2013, Till Steinmetz wrote:
>
>     Well, on my mac with  osx 10.8 the setup won't run without sudo.

'python setup.py build' will always run without sudo, unless soemthing very
strange is going on. You can then use 'bin/tahoe' to run the tahoe command,
and you can alias or symlink this or put the bin/ directory on the PATH, if
you just want to type 'tahoe'.

'python setup.py install' needs sudo when doing a system-wide installation
(as opposed to an installation into a virtualenv). Note that
'python setup.py install' does not install Tahoe-LAFS' dependencies; you'll
have to do that separately (this is completely standard behaviour for a
'setup.py' script).

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥