On 11/19/2015 5:31 AM, Paul Fox wrote:
okay.  then, speaking as the maintainer of an independent renderer:
where are such sunrise/sunset transitions announced/scheduled/tracked?
is the "announce" list the place to be?  (all i usually see there is
server outages.) can someone point me to a region (most of) whose
routes have been converted, for testing?

There is no formal process for sunsetting a tag. Regardless of the discussion here people are certain to use ref tags on ways, particularly in areas where relations are not used at all for road routes.

As a data consumer you can choose what to do. Even in some new stuff I'm working I'm not handling road route relations.