From: Scripting
[mailto:scripting-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of LB via Scripting
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:14 AM
To: Window-Eyes Scripting List
Subject: Re: Sea Battle Game 1.1

Hi!

    I uploaded Sea Battle 1.1 last night and should be available some time
today.
    The next version, 1.1.1 will insert the background play list into the
.ini file for future play list for music to play.
    The control panel in that version will allow you to edit and insert new
back ground music and the formats that will play at the moment are MP3, Ogg,

and Wav files.
    I have noticed at times the MP3 does not play well but have not tested
it for all stuff and I think it should work OK.
    Probably once this is working and uploaded I may also allow the playing
of videos with some formats just in case some of your music is a video.

    At the moment I will concentrate on just simple music to play.
    This format will probably be just like the Breaking News format where
the URL list is a Tree View and the editing of the name and location is
inside the tree sub level...

    But, it could be inserted in the menu like I did with the Sea Battle
game Help menu for some hotkeys; which in the future will also be expanded.

    Enjoy the game and more to come in the future, including a real time
action instead of a computer player...

        Bruce
        and Bronx, Woof!

Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2015 9:13 PM
Subject: Sea Battle Game 1.1

Hi!

    I will be releasing Sea Battle Game 1.1 Monday, as soon as they review
it after the upload.

    In Sea Battle 1.1 you have more sounds, including several new back
ground sounds.
    You also can adjust the ocean size before the game and after the game
before playing the game again.
    In the original Battleship game there were 10 columns and 10 rows to
play on. Since the largest ship is 5 cells in length, the ocean size can be
reduced to a 5 by 5 matrix to find the ships in the ocean.

    Also you can adjust the size up to a matrix of 26 by 26 where the
letters E to Z are used for columns, because in this game columns are
lettered and rows are numbered to make board movement a single key stroke
for each direction. But, since there are only 10 numbers on your keyboard,
using the shift key will get you 11 to 20 and control key for 21 to 26,
using the corresponding number on the keyboard for it to adjust the row
location you want to shoot at.

    The adjustments are all numerical values, which translate to a column
label of the letters E to Z when the game is played.

    The Sea Battle game plays faster the smaller the ocean is and the
computer level of 5 means the computer most likely will beat you and it is
up to you to be a little smarter.

    In the future I will have a background app for those who want to just
have a nice background sound when using the computer. The Sea Battle game
can do that as long as you answer all questions and start the first player
move. Once there you can use F9 to adjust the background sound and the home
keys to adjust volume and such.

    By downloading that Background app when posted it still uses the game
but the command line switch will just allow back ground sound adjustments.
That way you still have a program that plays sounds, and maybe music of your
choice as long as the formats can be played and you make up your own play
list.

    So, at the moment the game is running, leaving it alone does give you a
background sound while doing other things instead of playing the game when
it is a players turn; since the computer makes it's own moves.

        Bruce

---

List archives can be found at
http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/scripting-window-eyes.com