Hi Larry,
The only way to do it in Thunderbird is to marry someone with sight. (smile)
If that is to expensive, than, I would press the window key
and type your search words and press enter
If what you are looking does not show up, than you need to go into thunderbird
press alt t and enter on options
go to advance
then in general tab to let windows search thunderbird and place a check mark and tab to ok and you are good to go!

enterGood Luck, Manny please help me reach a million clicks by forwarding my stand-up comedy performance to your friends, or Tweet or Facebook it. ** ** ** ** ** **http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fbevlz10g ** ** ** ** ** computer specifications: Window Eyes 8.4, Dell xps420 Windows 7 home premium, with dual boot to windows 8.1, with start8 from: www.stardock.com with 8 gb RAM, Intel q6600 quad core drivers and software updated software recommended: Firefox, Thunderbird, security: Microsoft security essential, Malware Bytes pro, Win Patrol, Roboform,