I agree with everything you said Tom ... except your concluding paragraph
seems to have kicked the legs out from under your point that better
documentation is helpful, and necessary in this case.  I would like to see
the WE manual significantly enhanced.

I don't see anything wrong with the idea of a volunteer taking over the
production of tutorials.  He/she could create a site (such as a Window-Eyes
wiki or better a media wiki), which lists their tutorials and what's
covered, and links to the audio/video of the tutorial, and allows for
comments on each tutorial.

I did just this with the scripting tutorials, creating my own web site,
until GW offered to host them on their own servers.  I'm not offering to do
this a second time, but I am encouraging Sky or anyone else who feels like
trying it to give it a try; I really knew nothing about producing tutorials
when I did the scripting ones, but I knew that I never would learn unless I
decided to give it a try.

It doesn't have to be a single person either; the AppleVis team is a good
example of how well multiple people can work together to produce useful,
high quality, material.

Chip