On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, Roelof Otten wrote...

> </Whisper mode on>

> If you'd looked carefully, you would have seen that he uses OE and
> included the references headers. A news client like OE really needs
> threading by references. I'm not sure to what extent OE supports
> this mode of thread viewing in e-mail folders. </Wisper mode off>

lol... they changed it then... I used to use OE 4 all the time, and I
could never get it to thread on any list... only newsgroups were half
threaded correctly. I stand corrected, my appologise ;)

> We're used to threading by references, because all of us use the
> same software (that happens to support this feature). Whereas on
> other lists people use lots of different clients and in that case
> threading by references is useless.

Understood... but most of the other clients I've used thread by
reference, and in-reply-to tags as well... like Sylpheed (linux),
MailWarrior (I think it does threading), and a couple of others.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])