Hello All,

I've a problem with sending a text file to someone - it's a plain
text file created in Dominote (notepad replacer) and is
completely plain text - unformatted.

I attached it to a new e-mail using my genealogy mail account (not
this one) which is a Yahoo.co.uk box, account settings are:

Encode attachments using UUEncode
8 bit characters treated as Quoted Printable

Mail editor settings are:

Message format - Plain Text (MicroEd)
Message encoding - Latin 1 (ISO -8859-1)

The recipient uses (from his reply to me) X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.552)

The text attachment I sent to him as
[elizabeth of kneesworth 1843.txt] he received but when he
tried to view it was unreadable. He has sent me the file back and
it is also unreadable to me...  as an example I've copied the
first few lines of it:

begin 644 elizabeth of kneesworth 1843.txt
M5&AI<R!I<R!T:&4@;&%S="!7:6QL(&%N9"!497-T86UE;G0@;V8@;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
M>F%B971H($1O8W=R82!O9B!+;F5E<W=O<G1H(&EN('1H92!#;W5N='D@;V8@
M0V%M8G)I9&=E(%=I9&]W#0H-"[EMAIL PROTECTED];[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5V:7-E('5N=&\@;7D@
M9&%U9VAT97(@16QI>[EMAIL PROTECTED]&AE(%=I9F4@;[EMAIL PROTECTED]<&AE;B!(=6=H97,@36]U

Can anyone please explain what has happened here? I regularly
send plain text files to others (it's part of a Wills
transcription project) but have never had this happen before.

To check if the text file was corrupted somehow on my system I
forwarded a copy of the original message with the attachment to
myself at this mail address (gmx) and it appeared exactly as it
should do.

Is it because the recipient is using the Apple Mailer or is it
something else that I've overlooked somewhere?

Any advice welcomed!

--
Cheers,
 Anne

Flying high with The Bat! v2.00.6 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222

Visit The Bat! Users' Unofficial Help Forum http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com