Hello bats,

on Sun, 7. Mar 2004 at 13:36:09 +0700 Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>> So the bug does not happen on your system and your local mailserver
>> (if you have any) will be checked only after dialup is up.
> It doesn't happen, because it is not a bug and I have no tickmark.

but the server will be checked only after dialup is on, though TB
could check it before (because its on ysour loopback interface).

>> I removed the special network settings for the hamster-account and it
>> works of course like before (apart from that it takes longer until the
>> account gets checked) and stops the bug bugging me, but of course the
>> bug itself is still there.
> It is not a bug, you tell TB to act the way it does. Solution: Take
> the tickmark off.

No it does not.
I tell him to use LAN for this special hamster-account. For all others
it should use no special network settings, ergo: Dialup.
So, when there are messages to be sent on any account that does not
use LAN, the connection has to be established first. That's the bug.
TB thinks it can send out the messages on all accounts, when there is
just one (independant) account with LAN network settings and fails, of
course.

>> TB should simply not try to SEND mail for dialup accounts before the
>> appropriate connection is up.
> It won't if you take the tickmark off.

Correct, but that's a workaround!

>> Hope you understand now, what I mean. Just showing off a bug.. :)
> It's not a bug. Here is the secret solution: Take the tickmark off.

..to work around the bug, yes.

> Have I made my point clear now? I don't think it is that difficult to
> understand, but I thought I already pointed you into the right
> direction 3 postings ago.

seconded.. ;)

--
shinE!
http://www.thequod.de ICQ#152282665

Using The Bat! v2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
with POPFile 0.20.1 and avast Mar2004 (4.1.357).