G'day Feli,

> What is the default email program defined in Internet Explorer?
> If it's TB you could try to change to Outlook, boot and then again set
> TB as default.

I think that you may have fixed my problem.  Internet Explorer (which
I rarely use) had Outlook set as the default e-mail program and
contact list, even though I had the file associations set in Windows
as belonging to The Bat!  After resetting Internet Explorer to agree
with the settings at My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Options my
desired setting now appear to be sticking.  I will keep fingers
crossed - Mr Microsoft doesn't seem to want to let go of any rights
without a big fight :-) .

--
Regards,
 Bob