I've tried a black-box substitution of the new proposed musixtex and
musixmad in a tex file using Type K postscript slurs, and it fails as
follows:

This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (MiKTeX 2.1)
(moresl.tex (moreslurs/musixtexx.tex
MusiXTeX(c) T.112 +infinite slur ID number extention <3 Jan. 2003 +29 Aug.
2004

) (C:\localtexmf\tex\generic\pmx\pmx.tex
PMX, a Preprocessor for MusiXTeX, Version 2.502a <29 March 04>
) (moreslurs/musixmadx.tex (moreslurs/musixaddx.tex
MusiXADDitional instruments T.99 <24 March 2000> +infinite slur ID number
exten
tion <29 Aug 2004>
)
MusiXMore ADditional instruments T.99 <24 March 2000> +infinite slur ID
number
extention <29 Aug 2004>
) (C:\localtexmf\tex\generic\musixtex\musixps.tex
MusiXPS PostScript slurs, ties and crescendos 0.92 (12.5.2002)
)
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \global
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ...al [EMAIL PROTECTED] \altportee \global
                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL
PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
l.30 \pnotes{4.00}\isluru0{'f}
                              \hl f\tslur0f\hl f\en%
?

If I haven't done anything stupid here, then it suggests the new files are
incompatible with Type K slurs. I would ask others to perform some similar
tests and report results to the list. If the new proposed files were 100%
compatible with Type-K postscript slurs then I would support making them
official (after a reasonable beta-test period). Otherwise, since I've
invested so heavily in making PMX use Type-K slurs, I could not personally
support such a change.

--Don Simons