The image below is from a PDF. When I print it out, the "#" symbol looks
normal !?

From: TeX-Music [mailto:tex-music-boun...@tug.org] On Behalf Of Don Simons
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:38 AM
To: 'Werner Icking Music Archive' <tex-music@tug.org>
Subject: Re: [Tex-music] X - noteheads

Since no one responded to my plea, I bit the bullet and dug into
musixtex.tex. I did come up with a method. But I wanted to use it in PMX,
enabling PMX to replace ordinary quarters and 8ths with X-notes. So it got
very ugly. Didn't use musixper at all, except for clues on how to substitute
an alternate symbol for a notehead. If anyone cares to have a look, I'd
appreciate it if you could figure out how to do this more efficiently.

Unfortunately you'll need to have installed the jazz fonts and musixjaz.tex
to compile the sample file.

While we're at it, does anyone have any idea why the "#" symbol in the
subtitle looks weird? I got the same result both with ghostview and with
acrobat distiller.

--Don

<mailto:tex-music@tug.org> >

> Subject: [Tex-music] X - noteheads

> musixper activates commands like \doqu which give notes that have an X

> symbol as a notehead. However, the stem goes too low for my taste...it

> seems like it should stop when it first touches the X symbol, rather than

> extending to the midheight of the symbol. Can any of you TeXperts out
there