Thanks very much, Hiroaki, for looking into this. Unfortunately I'm not
familiar with either lua or C. I simply use an executable musixflx.exe dated
6/28/3013 that came with my MusiXTeX installation. (When it runs it says
Musixflx-0.83.3.lua7). Would you be willing to provide me with a trial
executable with the changes you're suggesting? I'm wondering if it will
still fail my test if I use \xbar. If it does, I would consider revising PMX
to take advantage of the enhancement. If we could find someone who knows lua
and is willing to put the updates in the current version of musixflx, do you
think it would be safe to replace that with one having these modifications?

--Don

line 720