CALL FOR PAPERS
SOUTHWESTERN REGION, NSS
WINTER TECHNICAL REGIONAL
DECEMBER 4, 2010
CARLSBAD, NEW MEXICO
hosted by
White Sands Grotto & Pecos Valley Grotto

Calling for reports on all expedition, exploration, research, and other speleological exploits, especially (but not limited to) those in the Southwestern US. Speakers will be given 15 minutes.

Please send Title, Presenter, contact information, and Abstract
(100 words +/ -)for publication in the Southwestern Cavers to:

Carol Belski  bels...@valornet.com

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 15, 2010

WATCH YOUR MAILBOX FOR MORE INFORMATION INCLUDING ACTIVITY LOCATIONS, CONTACT INFORMATION, ETC. (TO BE MAILED APPROXIMATELY NOVEMBER 1 to SWR members)

A Call for Photos

Calling all New Mexico, Arizona and Texas shutterbugs! The Southwest Regionis looking for your photos! Since 1962, the SWR has explored, mapped, restored, and protected caves and karstlands for current and future generations to enjoy. Help us begin our celebration of 50 years of conservation by submitting your SWR photos. We are looking for inspiring, spectacular, fun, and family friendly photographs that will showcase the beauty and diversity of the caves and karst throughout our region, as well as the cavers who explore them. Photos of karst landscapes, karst features, caves as well as clothed cavers, caving, cleaning gear, decontaminating gear, getting gear dirty again, and hanging out after getting gear dirty again are all welcome. Submit your images through November 30th for the opportunity for your photo to be featured in an evening slideshow presentation, as a part of the SWR Winter Technical caver gathering. The caver favorite photo will be featured on an upcoming cover of the Southwest Cavers. We are asking that interested individuals submit photos either by email to swrca...@yahoo.com or by FlickrT (www.flckr.com) When submitting your photos by email please add SWR2010 at the end of your file name. For example, yourfilename_SWR2010.jpeg. When submitting by Flickr, please tag your images with SWR2010. Not Familiar with FlickrT? FlickrT is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a NSS Southwestern Region group. You can add your photos to the SWR photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see. Submit Your Photos using FlickrT To add a photo to FlickrT, just follow these easy steps: 1.Log on - To submit your photos via FlickrT, use your Yahoo!R ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign- up for free at www.yahoo.com. 2.Join - Join the NSS Southwestern Region Cavers and Cave Photos group on FlickrT, join by searching for the name of the group and then clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage. 3.Upload an image - After logging in, upload your images using the form provided. 4.Send the Image to Our Group - Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to the SWR's photo pool. 5.Tag it! - Once added to the group, tag each photo with as appropriately through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page. That's it! You'll be helping us showcase the natural beauty of the caves and karst of the SWR for the sake of conservation! Best of all, by using FlickrT, everyone in our online community can see your photos and be inspired by the regions great places, and great cavers!
Legal Details and Your Rights
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit - including ownership if applicable - other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. By submitting your photo using the SWR2010 tag, you hereby grant to the Southwestern Region of the NSS (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to the Southwestern Region of the NSS, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Please contact Dianne Gillespie at dianne.gilles...@me.com
        We look forward to seeing your photos!