I believe the owner of Indian Creek Cave has passed away.

That would be former Texas governor, Dolph Briscoe Jr.

I have no idea how many cavers have been in this cave in the past 25 years.
Not me.

I made many faithful attempts to get Mr. Briscoe to let me on his property,
 back in the 80's and early 90's.

In those days, I didn't know anybody going to the cave, so I would drive
out there from College Station or Houston, and talk to nearby
ranchers.    I hiked and ridgewalked on ranches adjacent to his, but
never saw any caves.

I went to both his houses many times and left notes.    One of them was
on a Texas A&M letterhead from the student affairs office.     His wife came
to the door, and was not sociable, but I handed her the note asking if I could
talk to him about the cave.

I went to his office and left a package showing all the info I had collected on
the cave, and gave it to his secretary asking for an appointment.

He never responded.

Shortly before the 94 NSS convention I gave up, as I had heard prominent
cavers were trying to contact him to set up a convention trip.

And by then, I was trying to gain access to the 3 Langtry caves for
the convention,
which seemed like a more productive thing to do.

After the convention, I focused my attention on trying to get access
to a deep pit
southwest of Candela, Coahuila, which I eventually did, and made friends
with the landowner.    So in hindsight, I wish I had never wasted the
time and money
trying to get into Indian Creek Cave.

I believe a few cavers have been able to get into the cave via an easement.

Anybody been in the last year or 2 ?

David Locklear