On Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 1:00:00 PM UTC-7, Charlie Veniot wrote:

> All of that rambling to ask:  this thing I like (preserving infomation
> context), does anybody have any alternative expression(s) that might make
> more sense, or (to not reinvent the wheel) an already existing expression?

Give my "History" toolbar button a try:
http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FHistory

The TiddlyTools/History tiddler adds a toolbar button to the tiddler's
ViewToolbar.  When clicked, it presents a drop-down panel that shows a list
of all tiddlers that have been viewed during the current TiddlyWiki
"session" (i.e., since you loaded opened the file in the browser).  The
currently viewed tiddler is indicated by the text, "You are here".   The
panel also provides a "delete history" button (trashcan) to clear the
history list (except for the currently viewed tiddler and any
DefaultTiddlers).  There is also a "show details" button that displays
internal details about how the history list has been computed, which
combines the contents of the $:/HistoryList, the $:/StoryList, and the
DefaultTiddlers.

To install:
1) visit http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FHistory
2) Drag the title ("history") to your open TW and import it

Similarly, for faster navigation, you can also install
TiddlyTools/History/Previous and TiddlyTools/History/Next:
1) visit http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FHistory%2FPrevious
2) Drag the title ("previous") to your open TW and import it
3) visit http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FHistory%2FNext
4) Drag the title ("next") to your open TW and import it

Note: You can adjust the placement of the buttons within the tiddler
ViewToolbar:
1) Open TiddlyTools/History (or TiddlyTools/Previous or TiddlyTools/Next)
2) Click the "tag pill" for $:/tags/ViewToolbar
3) Use drag-and-drop to change the order of the ViewToolbar items

enjoy,
-e