Hi Walt,

SO this is to ask all of you with any experience of Streams plugin: Can you
> relate to the need i am expressing?  Or have you found a good way "flatten"
> your streams, and integrate your Streams content properly into a TW
> instance?  If so, anything you might care to share in terms of workflow
> and/or code would be most appreciated.

I don't personally have any need to convert a stream into a bulleted list
within a single tiddler*.* As you note, outliners very useful for agile
note taking, but in my opinion a hierarchical list is not the best way to
*present* a single idea. So in general once I have moved my streams nodes
to their evergreen home, I aspire to convert my notes into more readable
prose. I do this by rearranging the nodes into a flat list, re-writing as
required, and then flattening with a button described here:
https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/rEtegfiGYJE/m/L0-euDfWAAAJ

In reality I rarely actually get to that stage, and am generally happy to
leave my evergreen notes in "node-form". I don't personally see any benefit
in converting them to a bulleted markdown list, but it depends on what your
use case is?

Meanwhile: i too would very much like to know who else is using Streams
> regularly, and in what sort of workflow(s).
> So if you are one, dear reader, please let us know!

 Hi Saq,

One of the things I would dearly like to know is how many people are
> actually using Streams on a regular basis, and what their workflow looks
> like. My feeling is its a very small handful and I'll admit that probably
> influences how much time I devote to working on Streams.

You may have seen it but I roughly described my workflow here:
https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/gbEHUyX8dc0/m/r1yF5JdXCAAJ

For me Streams excels at quickly capturing information that I cannot yet
fit into any main ideas within your knowledge. Being able to re-jig this
captured information is helpful for making sense of it, eventually
integrating them with the main ideas that I want to internalise. In
particular this can help to break through some of the constraints of linear
reading.

I aspire to one day build some incremental reading
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_reading> tools with TiddlyWiki,
which may partially replace my use of streams, but for now I have found
streams to be the best solution for non-linear reading.

On the topic of how many people use it, maybe you could consider creating a
Google Form and linking to it from the download page, asking users if they
would take a second to answer some brief questions?

I was also wondering if you had considered setting up a way for users to
donate? Not necessarily to fund development, just to show appreciation for
great free software! I am not currently in a position to contribute much,
but in the future I would certainly be happy to subscribe to a patreon or
whatever.

I would add that like Mario I am very happy with the current features of
streams, though I have made the following tweak to the text display for the
breadcrumbs. It's a very minor thing, but in my opinion looks nicer than
just cutting off the title mid-word:

<$text text={{{
[<display-title>length[]compare:number:lt[40]then<display-title>]
~[<display-title>split[]first[40]join[]trim[]addsuffix[...]] }}}/>

 I wonder if you think it should be added when you next update?